The Blockstream Satellite Base Station offers a convenient, all-in-one antenna that supports connections to up to eight Bitcoin nodes on the same network. Users can connect to our network of satellites and access the Bitcoin blockchain without internet or any additional hardware.
Users gain a unique set of advantages when running their own Bitcoin node. Each node contributes to the further decentralization and censorship resistance of the Bitcoin network, as well as giving users a higher degree of privacy by avoiding third-party servers.
Included with the Blockstream Satellite Base Station:
- Low-profile flat-panel SelfSat IP22 Sat>IP Antenna (566 × 300 × 81 mm)
- Integrated DVB-S2 receiver and low-noise block downconverter (LNB)
- Gigabit PoE injector (for users without a PoE-enabled router)
- Installation bracket
The Blockstream Satellite Base Station comes in its original SelfSat packaging (no Blockstream branding).
- Supports Ku-band satellites (excludes some areas of Asia Pacific)
- Dual-linear polarization for greater signal reliability
- Supports up to eight Bitcoin Satellite client nodes on the network
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) for easy network discovery and seamless connectivity
Note: The Blockstream Satellite Base Station does not support C-band transmissions, which means that users in some regions of Asia Pacific will need to opt for the Blockstream Satellite Pro Kit instead. For details of Ku-band and C-band coverage, see our coverage map or country-by-country summary of coverage. For a further breakdown between the Base Station and Pro Kit options, see our Satellite Kit Comparison.
If you’re still unsure which of our satellite kits best suits your needs, please contact support and we’ll be happy to give you a recommendation.
Want to see how to set up the Blockstream Satellite Base Station before purchase? Go to our Blockstream Help Center to get all of the information you are looking for.
I love knowing my Bitcoin stack is a little more sovereign with the Blockstream Satellite. Syncing a Bitcoin full node with no internet was quite the site to see.
After the initial setup of the antenna, receiving blocks from the satellite was a breeze. The documents shared in your help center could not have made the process any more clear.
Everything came in one box and in a timely manner.