The Blockstream Satellite Basic Kit is a consumer-grade satellite receiver, ready to connect to a Bitcoin node at home.
The Blockstream Satellite Basic Kit requires a number of components to be purchased separately, see below for details.
Included with the Basic Kit:
- Ku-band LNB
- C-band LNB
- CS1 scalar kit
- USB satellite receiver
- F-to-F flat coax cable extender
- Adjustable LNB mounting bracket
- Digital satellite finder
- AC adapter
- USB cable
- Satellite antenna/dish: We recommend purchasing the Seflsat Flat-Panel Antenna, available on the Blockstream Store. However, any TV satellite dish with a minimum diameter of 60cm will work with the kit.
- A computer running Linux: Most mid-range laptops from the last five years will meet the minimum specifications required to run the Blockstream Satellite software. We recommend Ubuntu for the easiest setup.
- 1x short RG6 coaxial cable: The cable should be long enough to connect the satellite finder to the satellite antenna during antenna alignment. Normally around one meter will be sufficient.
- 1x long RG6 coaxial cable: The cable should be long enough to reach from the satellite antenna to the satellite receiver. For example, if you are installing the satellite antenna on a roof and your receiver is held in an indoor office, you will probably need a 10-30m cable to cover the distance.